Southern Cross Early Childhood School clothes are specially designed to enable young children to be comfortable, active and allow them to engage in play based learning.
Children at Southern Cross Early Childhood School are encouraged to wear the school colours of bright blue and orange. The colours have been specifically selected due to their high visibility and distinctiveness. The design of the clothing is relaxed and comfortable for the early childhood years and most suitable for play-based activities.
When children in Preschool to Year 2 participate in an excursion, families are strongly encouraged, in the interest of child safety, to ensure their children wear school clothes as they "stand out" and are easily distinguished as belonging to Southern Cross Early Childhood School.
Items available for sale include:
- broad brimmed hats as approved by the Cancer Council (orange)
- long sleeved collared polo shirts (blue and/or orange)
- short sleeved collared polo shirts (blue and/or orange)
- winter weight jumpers (blue with orange collar)
- winter weight beanies with a pull down brim to cover the ears
Purchasing School Clothing
The School’s unique orange and bright blue school clothes can be purchased for very reasonable prices from the Parents and Citizens Association (P&C). Please refer to the links below for stocked items. A display of school clothes can be viewed ion the P&C noticeboard.
New items can be purchased:
- Online through the Southern Cross Early Childhood School Uniform Shop for credit card payments (a 2.95% merchant fee applies).
- The School New Clothes Volunteer Coordinator will contact you by email to let you know when items are ready to be collected from the school reception.
- For any questions about new clothes, please contact the New School Clothes Volunteer Coordinator.
To purchase second-hand items, please:
- Check the current stock available on the second-hand Uniform Stocktake Summary online. (Please note second-hand items cannot be purchased directly from this website).
- If we have what you’re after, please email the Second-hand Clothing Pool Volunteer Coordinator with your order request.
- The Second-hand Clothing Pool Volunteer Coordinator will respond to confirm availability, total price, bank account details for payment with a reference to use (we prefer this over cash please), and when items can be collected.
- Collect items from the school reception.
- Advise volunteer School Second-hand Clothes Coordinator they have been collected and provide confirmation of payment.
The small profit made on new items, along with the 100% profit made on second hand items supports the P&C in their objectives to help provide for the school community.
Pants, shorts, skirts and skorts can be purchased from your local clothing stores e.g. Best ‘n Less; K-mart; Big W; Target; Workin' Gear Schools; or Macdonald's Children's Wear and School Wear, etc. Suggested colours for these other items are navy blue, grey or black.
Donations of Second-Hand Clothes
Our pool of second-hand clothes is dependent on the generous donations from our school community. We gladly accept donations of second-hand short and long sleeve polo shirts, beanies and jumpers at any time throughout the year. Items can be donated to the labelled box near front reception.