Preschool - Year 2
The ACT Education Directorate is the provider of preschool to year two public schooling. Currently in 2019 the school has:
- Four Preschool groups;
- Three Kindergarten groups; and
- Four Year One/Two groups;
- 15 hours/week preschool programs for children aged 4 years (on or before 30 April) provided by the ACT Education Directorate. Southern Cross Early Childhood School provides 30 hours/fortnight for children attending preschool.
- Preschool groups operate Monday,Tuesday and every second Wednesday; or every other Wednesday, Thursday and Friday; 9:00am - 3:00pm.
- Emergent curriculum developed from the Early Years Learning Framework.
Kindergarten,Year One and Year Two
- K-2 classes operate Monday to Friday 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Early childhood education is provided by the ACT Education Directorate.
- Emergent curriculum developed from the Australian Curriculum, ACT Every Chance to Learn Curriculum Framework and the Early Years Learning Framework.
Information about school term dates and public holidays is available from Education Directorate website.