Southern Cross Early Childhood School clothes are specially designed to enable young children to be comfortable, active and allow them to engage in play based learning.
Children at Southern Cross Early Childhood School are encouraged to wear the school colours of bright blue and orange. The colours have been specifically selected due to their high visibility and distinctiveness. The design of the clothing is relaxed and comfortable for the early childhood years and most suitable for play-based activities.
When children in Preschool to Year 2 participate in an excursion, families are strongly encouraged, in the interest of child safety, to ensure their children wear school clothes as they "stand out" and are easily distinguishable as belonging to Southern Cross Early Childhood School.
Items available for sale include:
- broad brimmed hats as approved by the Cancer Council (orange)
- long sleeved collared t - shirts (blue and orange)
- short sleeved collared t - shirts (blue and orange)
- winter weight jumpers (blue with orange collar)
- winter weight beanies with a pull down brim to cover the ears
Purchasing School Clothing
The School’s unique orange and bright blue school clothes can be purchased for very reasonable prices from the Parents and Citizens Association (P&C). Please refer to the links below for stocked items. A display of school clothes can be viewed in the front foyer of the school.
New items can be purchased:
- Online through the Southern Cross Early Childhood School Uniform Shop for credit card payments (a 3.5% merchant fee applies); or
- Using the School Clothes Order Form ( 202 KB) for cash and cheque payments. Order forms are also available from the P&C noticeboard, located in the school’s foyer.
To check the availability of second-hand items, please:
The small profit made on new items, along with the 100% profit made on second hand items supports the P&C in their objectives to help provide for the school community.
Pants, shorts, skirts and skorts can be purchased from your local clothing stores e.g. Best ‘n Less; K-mart; Big W; Target; Workin Gear Schools, Kippax; or Macdonald's Children's Wear and School Wear, Jamison etc. Suggested colours for bottoms are navy blue, grey or black.
Donations of Second-Hand Clothes
Our pool of second-hand clothes is dependent on the generous donations from our school community. We gladly accept donations of second-hand hats, tops and jumpers at anytime throughout the year. Items can be donated to the labelled box near front reception.