At Southern Cross Early Childhood School we view children as being capable and competent learners. We believe in creating a close partnership with families and the community so we can work in collaboration to support the capabilities of all children.
This image captures our philosophy and reflects our shared beliefs about the core elements of our school.
We work together with our community to develop every child to become a successful lifelong learner. We support the development of each child to become a confident and cooperative learner who works towards achieving their full potential.We provide quality education through best practice, within the ACT and National curriculum for children from Preschool to Year 2.
Southern Cross Early Childhood School is committed to excellence in early childhood education. As a community of learners, we work together to create sustainable connections between each other and within our environment, developing intellectual, personal, social and environmental responsibility.
- A thriving school community where staff and families openly work as willing partners
- A safe, inclusive setting where the strengths and needs of all members of our school community are recognised, respected and valued.
- The professionalism of staff as educational leaders committed to play-based best practice in early learning
- A strong focus on a balanced literacy and numeracy program which is embedded in all aspects of learning and teaching in our school.
- The importance of social, emotional, physical and cognitive development - all the developmental domains.