The Community provides a range of information and programs to help support you, your family and the whole school community.
Jason Thornton is the Community Coordinator at Southern Cross Early Childhood School. Jason trained as an early childhood teacher and recently completed a Graduate Certificate in Community Counselling. He has worked as a health professional at West Belconnen Child and Family Centre providing support to families in the Belconnen community.
The role of the Community Coordinator is to facilitate a range of activities and services. These include:
- Organising community events for children and families
- Being available to discuss school concerns, family matters and parenting issues
- Connecting families with specialist support services
- Providing opportunities for families to meet and develop friendships
- Scheduling parent information sessions on subjects such as parenting, attachment, and anxiety, and
- Providing general support
For current programs within the school please refer to the Community Hub notice board and the school newsletter.
Jason is available to meet with you and your family at school from Tuesday to Friday. Please contact him to make a time to have chat. All information discussed is treated as confidential.
Please contact Jason on 6142 0020 or by email: email@example.com
A free confidential telephone service for parents and families in the ACT and surrounding area parentline provides information about access to services the opportunity to receive initial support and to engage families with appropriate services as needed.
All parents at some time experience difficulties and stress....
- need to know what's available for parents, teenagers and children?
- need someone to talk to?
- having a bad day and feeling you can't go on?
- wanting to build better relationships in your family?
- can't make sense of your child's or teenager's behaviour?
- have you run out of ideas or energy?
phone: 6287 3833
Parentlink - Parenting guides
Easy-to-read information on many of the issues faced by parents from birth through to adolescence. The parenting guides are a valuable information source for parents, carers and professionals the guides have been developed from research in conjunction with appropriate experts and are widely used throughout Australia.
Health act visit: ACT Health (www.health.act.gov.au)
Child and youth health visit: Child and Youth Health (www.cyh.com.au)
Raising children network visit: Raising Children Network (http://raisingchildren.net.au)