Anglicare ACT is the service provider of the child care facility within the school. The school child care facility currently has five groups:
- Infants group - Coombs, with a capacity of 16 children, ranging from six weeks to 2 years;
- Toddler group - Taylor, with a capacity of 25 children, ranging from 2 to 3 years;
- Preschool group - Burley Griffin, ranging from 3 years to 4 years;
- Integrated Preschool group - Namadgi, children attending Southern Cross Early Childhood School preschool.
- Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) - Tidbinbilla with a capacity of 64 children ranging from preschool to year two.
Childcare services are provided within the school between 7:30am and 6pm, Monday to Friday. On school days, before school care is offered between 7:30am and 9am and after school care is offered between 3pm and 6pm. Before and after preschool care is offered to support families to access the preschool program. During school holidays a vacation care program for children from preschool to year two is provided. This operates between 7:30am and 6pm, Monday to Friday. Educators actively support children in a smooth transition from one learning environment to another.
Anglicare provide morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea on a four week seasonal and cultural rotating menu catering for allergies and preferences. We provide nappies, sun cream, a sun hat and bed sheets. We run educational programs based on the children's interests, scaffolding their learning through intentional teaching moments.
The childcare program is actively involved in the National Quality Frameworks and meets all standards. We work with the school to support the children and their families using the Early Years Learning Framework and My Time, Our Place OSHC framework. We are committed to the provision of high quality care. We employ qualified, experienced, Early Childhood Educators.
To register for our waitlist please create a My Family Lounge account, or login if you have an account from another centre.
If you require more information please feel free to contact us.
The Director, Cassandra Duff, can be contacted on ph: (02) 6142 0020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org